Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Debugger IDE - strange tab and parameter behaviour

Sep
This may be a "feature". However running a standard bat file that calls a second bat file.

1) starting the script with a parameter. I add the "-h" that I want to pass in the "Display/Modify Batch Parameter" tab. When the script starts this gets overwritten with the batch file name "0=myBat.bat" and I lose the -h?

I can't see any other way to start running a script with desired parameter.

2) When the code enters a second bat file, the code tab changes to that file, and I lose all of the breakpoints in the first file? To run it again I have to re-load the first file and set all of the break points again? is this the expectd behaviour

Many thanks

Using take command v12

This may be a "feature". However running a standard bat file that calls a second bat file.

1) starting the script with a parameter. I add the "-h" that I want to pass in the "Display/Modify Batch Parameter" tab. When the script starts this gets overwritten with the batch file name "0=myBat.bat" and I lose the -h?

I can't see any other way to start running a script with desired parameter.

First, did you save the new parameters before starting the batch file (i.e., by clicking on the batch parameters toolbar)? If not, the parameters will be reset to the original default values when you start the batch file.

Second, you should never overwrite the "0" parameter, as that is what specifies the batch file name. (TCC and CMD will get very disturbed if you tell them the batch name is "-h"!)

Third, you can also specify the batch parameters you want to use by entering them in the "Batch Parameters" edit control on the IDE toolbar.

2) When the code enters a second bat file, the code tab changes to that file, and I lose all of the breakpoints in the first file? To run it again I have to re-load the first file and set all of the break points again? is this the expectd behaviour

Are you calling ("call batch2") or chaining to the second batch file?

The breakpoints are saved when you call another batch file, and are restored when you return to the original batch file.

Breakpoints are also saved to a file (i.e., "filename.cmd.bp") and are restored when you reload the batch file in the debugger.