Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Debugger Bat file call history

Jun
In the debugger is there a way to see the batch files that were called to get me to the batch file I am in?

When I terminate a debugging run I have trouble getting back to the first batch file to run again.

I am getting a lot of strange behaviour. If I open a bat file in the debugger sometimes it does not show up as a tab. If I go to the windows it is there and marked as active. If I then select it it shows up.

Also the debugger seems to get confused sometimes as to what batch file I am in. It also hangs a lot. Another issue is it stops outputting to the dos window.

I am running in Windows 10 on a multi monitor system.

Now I have a batch file that hangs like mention in previous post on the first line even if I run it directly, not being called by another bat. The first line is a "del" command.

Just figured out the hang problem. The del command was looking for confirmation even though the /q option was being used.

Also seems to work correctly if you turn on CMD syntax but it is a pain that you have top do it every time you come up.

Last edited:
I found a workaround to some of my issues. If I create a environment variable say BATCALL and I can set it to either call for normal calling or "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD22\ide.exe" for debugging. This brings up each call in ide.exe so you have a debug window for each level. It is a hack but you can see where you came from and where you going back to.