Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? receive email notification of posts I add

Apr
Is it possible to receive email notification for all messages I post in the forums - not just replies to any messages I post? If so - how can I activate this behavior please?

Thank you Steve. Being that is the case - any way to manually have it done ?

You cannot receive email notifications of your own posts. (Not sure why you'd want to!)

I would like to see what the posts I have done - for historical reasons. And if for some reason I can't get to jpsoft.com/forums/ at a particular moment.

For a notification of a successful posting (more a confirmation, really) or notifications of postings to threads "watched" by you: the forum software apparantly doesn't have that.

For a historical overview of your postings, the info is there, it's just not mailed to you.

If this is important enough that you would be willing to spend several hours solving each, than consider these solutions. The effort of logging into the forum can be reduced to a single keystrike or even a timed event by using an extra tool. E.g. the confirmation can be made by triggering a macro that makes a just-in-time copy of the screen or copies the text of your message. You determine where and how to store it. Logging in, and afterwards navigating to the overview and saving the info to your machine should be just as scriptable (or record and play), after which you can filter the relevant parts out of your download...

Doesn't it seem like a lot of work to you too?

Cheers, DJ.