Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Email Forum Notification

samintz

Scott Mintz
May
Did email notification from the forums get turned off? I used to get notifications for all the forums and I haven't received a peep in quite a while.

-Scott

How? When I click on my Alert Preferences and select Watched Forums, I get no way to select which forums I want to watch.

I clicked
- 'Forums' tab
- one the forums (e-g 'Support')
- 'watch forum', at the top-right of the list of threads

but I don't remember if I did it this way originally.

Did email notification from the forums get turned off? I used to get notifications for all the forums and I haven't received a peep in quite a while.

Previously, email notification was a (dreadful) hack because it wasn't supported in XenForo. The XenForo 1.2 release (a couple of weeks ago) added this capability -- but it was incompatible with the old email notification, so that has been removed.

You will have to resubscribe to the forums you want to watch.

After the server migration I very laboriously reentered my notification requests, and they seemed to work (including 5 today, but they seem to be for new threads only...

I only get notifications for new messages in old threads sporadically: only 3 since 2013-09-07 04:00 EDT (last Wed.). I thought there was no activity!

I only get notifications for new messages in old threads sporadically: only 3 since 2013-09-07 04:00 EDT (last Wed.). I thought there was no activity!

WAD - you will only be notified once if there are multiple new messages that you have not read in a watched thread. When you read them, you'll get another notification if any new messages are posted. (This is the same way that notifications worked previously.)

In the past all posts were sent out as notification emails, so my mail client would notify me of each on arrival. and needed to "browse" a\only my own posts. If I did not post for a week, I could keep my browser off and still get all the news. No more - I have to search for them, and I can no longer search for messages without fresh internet access. More expensive but less convenient - not an enhancement...