Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why can't I post via email

D

drrob1

I got this email when I tried to post via email:

We're sorry, but we could not process your emailed reply / new thread.
We do not show an account with the email address of

I have been posting since the change in methods.

And I do not see how to set where it needs to find my account

This is much worse than before.

Wat's up with this???

I got this email when I tried to post via email:

We're sorry, but we could not process your emailed reply / new thread.
We do not show an account with the email address of

I have been posting since the change in methods.

And I do not see how to set where it needs to find my account

This is much worse than before.

Wat's up with this???

I tried this with three different accounts and didn't have any problems posting. What address are you attempting to post to?

Check "User CP" for your email settings.

I tried this with three different accounts and didn't have any problems posting. What address are you attempting to post to?

Check "User CP" for your email settings.

I don't understand "attempting to post to"

I post from an email address.

And I have a 'reply-to' setting that is different from the actual email address I have. I want to keep it this way.

How about you backtrack the problem? What condition has to exist for me to get that error?

I don't understand "attempting to post to"

I post from an email address.

And I have a 'reply-to' setting that is different from the actual email address I have. I want to keep it this way.

How about you backtrack the problem? What condition has to exist for me to get that error?

If your reply to address doesn't match your registered address, you cannot post via email. (This is necessary to prevent forged headers from spammers.)

If your reply to address doesn't match your registered address, you cannot post via email. (This is necessary to prevent forged headers from spammers.)

The address in my profile is [email protected] which is the reply-to address I use. If what you say is correct, I would not be getting an error message.

I suggest that the FROM field is being checked, not the reply-to.

I very much like having my own domain email address, so when I change ISP's I do not have to change my email address.

Are you saying that my wish is currently impossible?

drrob1 wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by rconn)---
> If your reply to address doesn't match your registered address, you cannot post via email. (This is necessary to prevent forged headers from spammers.)
> ---End Quote---
> The address in my profile is [email protected] which is the reply-to address I use. If what you say is correct, I would not be getting an error message.
>
> I suggest that the FROM field is being checked, not the reply-to.
>
> I very much like having my own domain email address, so when I change ISP's I do not have to change my email address.
>
> Are you saying that my wish is currently impossible?

Not impossible, just that allowing what you want would result in your
also having to sift through a few hundred thousand spam messages on the
forum every day. I doubt that very many of the other users would be
willing to make the exchange!

Rex Conn
JP Software