Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Error 0xc0000142 and FAR Manager

Aug
Periodically (but regularly) error 0xc0000142 occurs when calling tcc.exe from the FAR Manager. It happens in the following way: everything is working fine, but after a while (especially after the computer exits sleep mode), this error occurs when trying to execute any program from FAR Manager. This issue exists for a long time - at least with four last versions of TCC.
How can I fix this very annoying issue?

FAR Manager calls command interpreter to run external and most internal commands. I have TCC installed as default command interpreter. And sometimes the issue above occurs. To get rid of the problem, I have to close the FAR Manager and run it again. It's easy, but annoying.

If you don't need TCC's features, you can change FAR's COMSPEC to point to CMD (through a batch file with SETLOCAL + SET + FAR, batch file itself called from an alias or from a shortcut). I use this technique for a few programs.
Not applicable if you want TCC's features when executing from FAR.

How should I change the command?
I don't use FAR and thus don't know directly. Since FAR is widely used, it should be configurable in some way. Looking at http://farmanager.com/, I see "greatly extended by external DLL modules — plugins" (though writing a DLL is probably overkill just for passing a command from CMD to TCMD) (it could be that is type of extension is based on the type of the file, which is not what matters here). A simple but repetitive way is maybe to prefix command with something like TC, and TC.BAT is a script that passes the command over to TCC.