Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? "Specified Account Already Exists" error installing TCMD v27

Apr
Hello Rex, and all the ships at sea... (anyone remember THAT old radio intro?)

Just purchased a license for v27 to upgrade from 26. Attempted to install but forgot I already has the 27 trial installed. Got the error, "The specified account already exists" when doing the installation. Did some futzing around and wound up accidentally DELETING the existing v27 installation entirely. Sorry 'bout that, Chief. Anyway now I can't get anything related to v27 to work. My v26 installation, fortunately, still works, but I'd like to get going with the newly-purchased v27. Any way I can get around the problem and get v27 installed and running?

Thanks for any assistance. //S//

Does "Take Command 27" appear in the Apps & features list in the Win 10 Settings?

What exactly do you mean by "can't get anything related to v27 to work" - is v27 installed but won't run? Or you can't get it to install?
I tried to install it but it won't install. I had it installed before as a trial version, but somehow I managed to delete it entirely during the process of troubleshooting the problem. (I fat-fingered something and blew the v27 installation away, sorry.) Now I can't UNinstall the v27 system, and can't REinstall it either.

Attached is the log for the latest attempt at installation (had to rename it because .LOG files won't go.) Perhaps that might be of help. Thanks.

Attachments

• MSI9859_LOG.txt
    735.6 KB · Views: 340
I'm glad it helped. I really knew nothing. But I found that tool mentioned when I Googled for the "Specified Account ..." error (Microsoft error 1316).

Rex may be interested in exactly how things got fouled up ... delete the install directory? ... mess with the registry? ... ?

I'm glad it helped. I really knew nothing. But I found that tool mentioned when I Googled for the "Specified Account ..." error (Microsoft error 1316).

Rex may be interested in exactly how things got fouled up ... delete the install directory? ... mess with the registry? ... ?
I deleted the C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD27 folder and all its contents, a "hard" delete where it didn't go to the recycle bin. My brain must have been on autopilot at the time, don't know why. I didn't do anything to the Registry, though. But even before that happened, I tried to do an installation of v27 when there was already an installation there (which I forgot about). It was at that point when I first got the error message and which sent me on my quest to further farble things up...

That error is inside Windows Installer, which I have little (or no) control over.
OK, thanks, Rex. I figured it was something like that when Vince suggested the Microsoft tool (which I will now keep in my arsenal of troubleshooting tools -- Thanks, Vince!) and the problem was fixed after using it. Anyway, the boo-boo is all better now, and thanks to both of you for your timely assistance! //S//