Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Copy (sys) error

Apr
I received:
"=======================================
TCC: (Sys) C:\TCMD\MyBTM.btm [51] A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when ending on a datagram socket using a send to call) no address was supplied.
TCC: C:\TCMD\MyBTM.btm [51] FTP protocol error: 550 Failed to open file. "/version.sav""
"=======================================

and the line is : (50-52)

echo Checking prospero.unm.edu...
copy /a: /e /f /g /md /nr /s /u /v /w "ftp://prospero.unm.edu/*" /[! src/* *.exe] %sRootFldr%\prospero.unm.edu\
echo.

Any ideas?

That's two errors. I don't know what caused the first one; I don't see it when I try your COPY command.

As for version.sav, you can't copy it because of how the permissions are set. You don't want it; it's just a backup of version.txt, which gets corrupted occasionally.

Code:
set sRootFldr=C:\TCMD\MyPlugins
copy /a: /e /f /g /md /nr /s /u /v /w "ftp://prospero.unm.edu/*"  /[! src/* *.exe /version.sav ]     %sRootFldr%\prospero.unm.edu\

after adding the /version.sav I am receiving:

----------------------------------
Checking prospero.unm.edu...
ftp://prospero.unm.edu/version.sav => C:\TCMD\MyPlugins\prospero.unm.edu\version.sav
TCC: (Sys) C:\TCMD\MyBTM.btm [51] A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a send
to call) no address was supplied.
TCC: C:\TCMD\MyBTM.btm [51] FTP protocol error: 550 Failed to open file. "/version.sav"
----------------------------------

Last edited:
I'd change that exclusion range to /[! src/* *.exe version.sav ]
Or just /[! src/* *.exe *.sav ] — anything ending in .SAV is unlikely to be of interest.