Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to suppress JSON error messages?

Dec
(Using current latest TCMD on Win10 x64) I'm reading variables from a JSON file with
Code:
SET variable=%@JSONXPATH[/json/test/[1]/element]

This works just fine. If the element doesn't exist TCC writes to the console
Code:
Invalid XPath. "/json/test/[1]/element"

However, I'm unable to suppress this error message - there is to /q for the SET command, and SET ... >nul 2>nul doesn't seem to work on this particular messages (probably from whatever-library TCC uses to manage JSON?).
The help file stats that there are numeric JSON errors (like 10233 for "Invalid XPath"), but I don't see any variable like %_JSONERROR to get them either.

Any hints on how to quiet these JSON error messages, or at least set the variable in a way there's no output to the current console? Thanks!

Try it with the command in parentheses, like this:

Code:
( SET variable=%@JSONXPATH[/json/test/[1]/element] ) >& nul:

If I remember correctly, doing it that way does the redirection before variable expansion, so the error message goes to the bit bucket.

Thanks, that's it.

I wonder if there's a top 10 of "TCC quirks that wouldn't be necessary with a modern scripting language", originating in 4DOS' console-based approach. My favorite by far would be charset handling though.