Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Using TCC.exe through an SSH connection

Is there some way to configure TCC so that it will not attempt any window popups and funnel its I/O through the STDIN and STDOUT streams? When I run that shell through an SSH connection, I typically have no convenient way to access the desktop or use a mouse to do anything in another window. So I want something more like the old 4NT -- a great CLI-only shell. Is there a way to run any CLI-only version of the JPSoftware shell on a modern Windows platform?

You can get rid of the command history and directory history GUI popups with the INI directive

Code:
ConsolePopupWindows=Yes

You'll get the old (4NT) style lists in the console. I don't know how they will work in a remote session.

You can get rid of the command history and directory history GUI popups with the INI directive

Code:
ConsolePopupWindows=Yes

You'll get the old (4NT) style lists in the console. I don't know how they will work in a remote session.
They don't work well, even in a local session. I've called attention to that in another thread.

Thanks, Vince. Now if I could just persuade the list command's search to do without a new, modal dialog window, TCC v26 would be close to perfectly usable without access to the desktop. I suppose I can use aliases to use another lister as a work-around for my unthinking (muscle memory) use of list.