Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Using ColorDir on Normal

Dec
Hello, I am currently evaluating TCC and so far I love it. I have been trying to change the default "normal" color for files which I assume is anything that does not have a specific color associated with it? Or am I missing the definition of it?

my colordir setting is

set ColorDir=normal:yellow;junction:red;dirs:bri blue;

However, the screen text continues to show gray?

1672505736367.png

I am sure I must just be doing it wrong and it is probably a different config option somewhere else.

Welcome @paulhocker!

From the TCC prompt, execute the;
Code:
option
command, and then select the Windows tab, to change your colors via this dialog.

This is how I have my colors set;
1672521158558.png

You can set your colors from this dialog, and if need be, tweak them later from the command line.

I adjust my colors in my TCSTART.BTM file, as follows;
Code:
  set EXETYPE=EXETYPE_WIN32GUI:bri blue;EXETYPE_WIN64GUI:bri red;EXETYPE_WIN64CUI:bri red;EXETYPE_DOS:bri cya
  set colordir=dll:bri yel on bla;hrb:bri whi on bla;EXETYPE_WIN32CUI:bri blue;%EXETYPE
  unset EXETYPE

From the help file;
DIR - Display information about files & subdirectories
If you use the COLORDIR variable, it will override the Directory Colors option. You may find it useful to use the COLORDIR variable for experimenting, then to set permanent directory colors with the Directory Colors option.

Joe
Code:
     _x64: 1
   _admin: 1
_elevated: 1

TCC  29.00.17 x64   Windows 10 [Version 10.0.19044.2364]