Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Using TCC list with KatMouse

Jun
Anybody else use KatMouse?

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

What KatMouse does is, it makes the scroll wheel scroll whatever window the mouse is over, regardless of what window is active. So, if I'm working primarily in one window, but using some other secondary window as a reference document, I can scroll that secondary window without having to change focus away from my primary document and back. It also has a feature to allow you to set window Z-order with mouse clicks. I find it incredibly useful and it is freeware. I have used it for years, it came out in 2002. Overall it is very compatible, but, it has an issue with TCC list.

Basically, the mouse wheel support for LIST doesn't work with KatMouse. I suppose if I'm the only person using KatMouse, and the problem is really it and not TCC, then JPSoft might not want to try to support it. I'm just asking, hoping that JPsoft might support it.

Anybody else use KatMouse?

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

What KatMouse does is, it makes the scroll wheel scroll whatever window the mouse is over, regardless of what window is active. So, if I'm working primarily in one window, but using some other secondary window as a reference document, I can scroll that secondary window without having to change focus away from my primary document and back. It also has a feature to allow you to set window Z-order with mouse clicks. I find it incredibly useful and it is freeware. I have used it for years, it came out in 2002. Overall it is very compatible, but, it has an issue with TCC list.

Basically, the mouse wheel support for LIST doesn't work with KatMouse. I suppose if I'm the only person using KatMouse, and the problem is really it and not TCC, then JPSoft might not want to try to support it. I'm just asking, hoping that JPsoft might support it.

Are you talking about TCC standalone or TCC in a Take Command tab window?

If you're referring to standalone TCC, it installs a low-level mouse hook so it can get the mousewheel messages. If you don't want TCC to handle the mousewheel messages, go to OPTION / Startup and uncheck "MouseWheel Support in LIST".

If you're referring to TCC in a Take Command tab window, there's a separate option in the TCMD configuration (Advanced / MouseWheel Support for LIST).

If you disable those options, it's going to be up to whoever else is handling the mouse messages to pass the appropriate message to the TCC console app (and I've never seen one that does it correctly).

Well, I had never tried using list with KatMouse standalone TCC instead of within TCMD, but I have the same problem. If KatMouse is enabled, the wheel mouse support doesn't work for list.

Not sure why you suggested turning off wheel mouse support, given that what I exactly want IS wheel mouse support in list, while KatMouse is also active. I realize that if no one else is using KatMouse, that you may not want to spend any effort to try to make that work. But, perhaps you might consider trying the utility yourself, its a really nice utility and would be great if list would work with it.

Well, I had never tried using list with KatMouse standalone TCC instead of within TCMD, but I have the same problem. If KatMouse is enabled, the wheel mouse support doesn't work for list.

Not sure why you suggested turning off wheel mouse support, given that what I exactly want IS wheel mouse support in list, while KatMouse is also active. I realize that if no one else is using KatMouse, that you may not want to spend any effort to try to make that work. But, perhaps you might consider trying the utility yourself, its a really nice utility and would be great if list would work with it.

If wheel mouse support is enabled in TCC (or TCMD), they install a low-level mouse driver and NO external mousewheel support is possible. If you disable it in TCC and/or TCMD, then they will use whatever is provided by the system. (Assuming whatever the system is using actually supports the mousewheel for console apps.)

Have you tried it with the mousewheel turned off in TCC / TCMD?

Have you tried it with the mousewheel turned off in TCC / TCMD?

I don't even really understand why there are mousewheel in list options in both TCC and TCMD. List is a feature of TCC, so, why is there even an optionin TCMD? What happens if you have it checked in TCC but not TCMD or the other way or both? At any rate, I think I tried every variation, and if KatMouse is enabled, mousewheel in list doesn't work. Would you consider giving it a try? It is freeware.

I have tried Katmouse it works in 4NT v8 list. I tried it in Sketchup works great in their. My Scroll wheel is
busted it doesn't work but katmouse has given it new life, It works better than the scroll wheel ever did.
Just got to get used to using two fingers lol

> I don't even really understand why there are mousewheel in list options in both TCC and TCMD. List
> is a feature of TCC, so, why is there even an optionin TCMD? What happens if you have it checked
> in TCC but not TCMD or the other way or both? At any rate, I think I tried every variation, and if
> KatMouse is enabled, mousewheel in list doesn't work. Would you consider giving it a try? It is freeware.

TCC aka 4NT

KatMouse
It also seems to disable the normal AutoScroll feature of the scroll wheel button. I can't live without that
uninstalling katmouse

> I don't even really understand why there are mousewheel in list options in both TCC and TCMD. List
> is a feature of TCC, so, why is there even an optionin TCMD? What happens if you have it checked
> in TCC but not TCMD or the other way or both? At any rate, I think I tried every variation, and if
> KatMouse is enabled, mousewheel in list doesn't work. Would you consider giving it a try? It is freeware.

KatMouse
It also seems to disable the normal AutoScroll feature of the scroll wheel button. I can't live without that
uninstalling katmouse

Well, everybody is different. I've never seen a use for autoscroll, so, that is no issue for me.

I don't even really understand why there are mousewheel in list options in both TCC and TCMD. List is a feature of TCC, so, why is there even an optionin TCMD? What happens if you have it checked in TCC but not TCMD or the other way or both? At any rate, I think I tried every variation, and if KatMouse is enabled, mousewheel in list doesn't work. Would you consider giving it a try? It is freeware.

There is an option in TCMD because when you're running TCC in a TCMD tab window, TCMD has the focus (and gets all the mouse input), not the hidden TCC console window. So TCMD has to know (1) whether you're in LIST in TCC, and (2) if so to pass the messages on to the hidden TCC window.

KatMouse will have to be modified to work in the TCMD / TCC environment; there's nothing I can do in TCC to support it.

I found something I should have found before. KatMouse has an exclusion feature, and I set it to exclude TCC and TCMD. While that means that I don't get KatMouse's functionality with TCC/TCMD, at least it doesn't screw it up. So, I'm okay with that compromise. Sorry to waste your time.