Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TPIPE Replacement Text with Dollar Sign

Jun
I am trying to get TPIPE to replace text with text containing a dollar sign, and I cannot get it to work.

tpipe /input=file /replace=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,{{2}},$1.00

Without the dollar sign it works fine. I have tried all kinds of escape characters and back-quotes and the @char[36] function, and I cannot get it to work. The character $ seems to have a special function in the target string. Whenever there is one, I get an error message"

TCC(30.00.22): C:\>tpipe /input=junk.txt replace=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,{{2}}, at least $1.00
The parameter is incorrect.
"replace=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,{{2}},"

Is there more complete documentation someplace for TPIPE? I'm probably missing something basic.

Try doubling the $.

Code:
v:\> echo foo | tpipe /replace=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,o,$$1
f$1$1

Yup, that seems to work! Thanks.

I guess I never thought of doubling the dollar sign. Is there a reason why you thought of that? Is it something from Unix?

Now I'll see if my mailmerge script can be made to work.

I never used Linux enough to know any tricks. The & (DETACH) came from a vague recollection of some TCC feature. And I tried $$ just on general principles (like %%, \\, ^^ which all come in handy now and then).

I tried all kinds of things, but I guess not $$. I tried ^$, \$`, /$, %@char[36], %%@char[36], etc.