Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why doesn't my python program get executed without specifying its path?

Jun
I've got a python program, pycky.py, that resides in a directory that's on the system path. I also have PATHEXT set to include the .py extension. Yet if I just enter pycky or pycky.py, it says unknown command. If I give its path, e.g. ..\apps\pycky (or include the .py extension), it runs.

-> set path
C:\Program Files\Python27\;C:\Program Files\Python27\Scripts;C:\Program Files\Python27\Tools\Scripts\;C:\WIP\dvp\tools\python;C:\WIP\dvp\tools\python\ppl;C:\Program Files\Python27\apps; ... (rest of path snipped)

-> set pathext
.COM;.EXE;.BTM;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC;.PY

-> assoc .py
.py=Python.File

-> ftype python.file
python.file="C:\Program Files\Python27\python.exe" "%1" %*

Oh, I should add that when I run Option, the GUI tells me that PathExt is checked. However, when I checked its value directly from the command line (option pathext), it said pathext=No. ??? Well, I changed it via command line: option //pathext=Yes. Now it says pathext=Yes. However, it still doesn't run my python program.

So I have two confusions here. First is - why doesn't the python program run? And second, what's up with the option from the command line versus from the GUI?

Are you running Option from the TCC command line or from within TCMD? If you run it from TCMD, it will impact the next launched instance. If you run it from the command line, it will impact the current instance (and the next).

Are you running Option from the TCC command line or from within TCMD? If you run it from TCMD, it will impact the next launched instance. If you run it from the command line, it will impact the current instance (and the next).

Everything is from the TCC command line. I rarely ever even use tcmd.

BTW, I forgot to tell you version info:

TCC 16.03.55 x64 Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC Build 55 Windows 7 Build 7601 Service Pack 1