Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WAD INPUT's :min (/L)

May
It looks like it doesn't work. I expected a beep (or something) signalling that I needed to enter more characters.

Code:
v:\> input /L3:3 %%foo
ab

v:\> echo **%foo**
**ab**

The min option does not display an error message (or beep); it simply ignores the input. This is WAD (implied but not explicitly stated in the help).
I don't understand? ... ignores what input? In my example, no input was ignored, FOO was set, and had fewer than 3 characters. Do you have an example in which the user could use :MIN to any advantage?

Code:
v:\> set foo
TCC: Not in environment "foo*"

ab

v:\> echo **%foo**
**ab**

This doesn't seem to be working quite right. Below, after the INPUT command, I typed a, b, and [Enter].

Code:
ab

I got the default sound and the screen stayed as above. Typing one more character (c) made it look good

Code:
abc

but then [Enter] just gave the default sound and the insertion point moved to the second character on the line (the b), as if the c were the only character known.

If it's going to start over (require all the characters) it should clear the line. I'd prefer that it continue with some characters in place, waiting for the remaining characters.

Maybe this will help explain. After issuing the INPUT command, I typed a, b, [Enter], x, y, z.

1700155324488.png

Or in other words: if you don't reach the minimum chars in first try, then it always ignores the 1st and 2nd char ...