Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saving out Command Input window

Oct
In version 11, I had Take Command set up to save out the Command Input window contents, and then start up again with those contents restored to the Command Input window. This doesn't seem to be working in version 13 (or else I just haven't set it up correctly). I have a filename specified in the CommandInputFile="C:\Personal\TCCCommandInput.txt" in the ini file. I can actually copy a command in that file, and when Take Command starts up, that command will appear in the Command Input window. But when I exit out of Take Command, that file will have it's contents deleted, and when I start up Take Command again, there will be nothing in the Command Input window. Am I doing something wrong?

It works for me.

However, I do notice that when the text file is loaded, the BOM at the start winds up in the command input window (it appears as a little square.) When Take Command closes, the buffer is saved, including the BOM, but a new BOM is prepended, so there are now two BOMs at the front. Exit and restart, and I have three BOMs....

Okay, it appears to now be working. I think it had to do with the way I initially had the commands formatted in the txt file to start with.

However, I do notice that when the text file is loaded, the BOM at the start winds up in the command input window (it appears as a little square.) When Take Command closes, the buffer is saved, including the BOM, but a new BOM is prepended, so there are now two BOMs at the front. Exit and restart, and I have three BOMs....

Fixed in build 27.