Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to increase font size in file explorer

Apr
Hi All,

How do you increase the font size for the file explorer? I've found settings to increase the fonts for the console and the tool bar but can't find a setting for the file explorer.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you increase the font size in TCMD'd file explorer by increasing the font size in Windows Explorer. I did it via Settings\EaseOfAccess\Display\MakeTextBigger. The change is not immediate in TCMD; TCMD needs to be restarted.

Try this: Move your mouse pointer into the right side of the Explorer pane, then hold down the Control key while turning the mouse wheel.

Try this: Move your mouse pointer into the right side of the Explorer pane, then hold down the Control key while turning the mouse wheel.
That's really weird! It changes the view (sometimes), icon sizes (sometimes), the spacing between things (sometimes), and (only when you get to the very bottom of the wheel-scrolling when you get to "content view") the font. And that view seems rather lacking in content!

1692416937010.png

It is weird behavior. And it is, of course, just the same in Windows Explorer.