Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No linefeed on last line of console window

Oct
Since the creators update was installed on my machine last week, there are a number of quirks, some fixed by the email from Rex, but not this one.

When typing at the TCC prompt at the bottom line of the console window, going past the right border starts overwriting the same line from the left. In other words, there is no automatic linefeed.

The problem occurs only in a console window running TCC. It does not happen in a DOS console.

Regressing to the legacy console fixes the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running TCC 21.01.48.

Since the creators update was installed on my machine last week, there are a number of quirks, some fixed by the email from Rex, but not this one.

When typing at the TCC prompt at the bottom line of the console window, going past the right border starts overwriting the same line from the left. In other words, there is no automatic linefeed.

The problem occurs only in a console window running TCC. It does not happen in a DOS console.

Regressing to the legacy console fixes the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running TCC 21.01.48.

Code:
v21.01.61_$ver
TCC  21.01.61 x64   Windows 10 [Version 10.0.16299]
v21.01.61_$

I can't reproduce the lack of an automatic line-feed using V21.01.61.

Try updating to build 61 and see if that helps.

You nailed it. Thanks. Build 61 works as expected.

Funny that the Windows update broke build 48, but I noticed that 48 is no longer available for download.

Thanks again.