Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? Batch file to be executed by TCSTART

May
Is there a way to determine, while TCSTART is executing, the name of the file to be executed after TCSTART (and TCEXIT) finishes?

I'm not sure what you're looking for -- TCSTART (and TCEXIT) do not execute any batch files unless you add them yourself.

Or are you referring to starting TCC with a batch file argument, and you want to know the name of that batch file while you're still in TCSTART? If that's what you want, use %CMDCMDLINE (which returns the startup command line), and look for the second argument.

Thanks, Rex. Yes, it's the name of the file which will be executed, but I want to know what it is while still executing TCSTART. It isn't always the second argument, though, is it? There could be TCC startup switches. I was hoping for something I didn't have to parse.

Aha. Thanks for that bit of info. Okay, I guess I can parse %CMDCMDLINE% myself. (You must at least parse enough of the arguments to decide that neither /I nor /IS is present.)