Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fixed The Take Command File List Panel shows 0 for all file sizes at DVD

It is very strange, but the file list panel shows the file sizes incorrectly: all files on DVDs showed 0 in sizes. The Windows Explorer shows the files sizes for these DVDs correctly. For other drves file sizes are showen correctly.

Image uploaded with ImageShack.us.

It is very strange, but the file list panel shows the file sizes incorrectly: all files on DVDs showed 0 in sizes. The Windows Explorer shows the files sizes for these DVDs correctly. For other drves file sizes are showen correctly.

It's a Windows bug in the IShellFolder interface; apparently new in Windows 7. (At least I cannot reproduce it in previous versions -- what Windows version are you running?) Windows is returning flags for the DVD drive saying that it is not part of the file system (and that the app shouldn't try to query any further info), so TCMD doesn't try to retrieve the file sizes.

I've added a work around for 13.03.42.

It's a Windows bug in the IShellFolder interface; apparently new in Windows 7. (At least I cannot reproduce it in previous versions -- what Windows version are you running?)
I run the Microsoft Windows XP Professional, SP3, as shown in the screenshot. The DVD-R disk had been written by the Nero Burning ROM version 11.0.12500.24.100 from the .ISO image taken from the MSDN subscription site.

And the behavior looks even more strange: the 'dir' command in the TCC reads true sizes of files while the list panel of the TC shows 0s.