Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Extra TCC Tasks

Jun
I just noticed that as time goes by, more and more TCC tasks are running (unattached to TCMD). Any idea where these are coming from? My guess would be that they are transient tasks (for example, for piping) that for some reason are not terminating.

What happens when you attempt to attach them to TCMD?

Joe

They attach just fine, and I can then use them. One extra fact: they are always in the initial directory, just as when I open a new instance manually and TCSTART runs. That probably rules out pipes (which I don't use often, at least not explicitly).

I should try to remember to run my tasks.btm more often so I have a better idea of when they appear. I don't have any new ones now.

Code:
e:\utils>tasklist /lm tcc
14092*    59379712  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"
19408     31309824  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"
16424     31277056  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"
16132     31342592  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"

Total of 4 processes

e:\utils>echo %_tctabs

If the number of processes equals the number of active tabs, all is good.

If the number of processes does not equal the number of active tabs, something is not good.

If I Detach+Hide a Tab;
Code:
e:\utils>tasklist /lm tcc
14092*    59387904  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"
19408     28975104  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"
16424     28909568  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"
16132     29122560  tcc               "C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD26\TCC.EXE"

Total of 4 processes

e:\utils>echo %_tctabs

Joe

I have not been having the problem recently. I suspect that it is associated with some BTM file that perhaps has a defect that allows it to quit before something that invokes a new instance has finished. The most likely culprit is a very complex BTM file that implements a mailmerge with HTML email messages and a data file with addresses and other information to be merged.