Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Zombie TCCs

May
I noted in another thread that Ctrl-T opens a new tab.

That makes it quite easy to create zombie TCCs (tab TCCs left running when TCMD is closed).

Start TCMD. Hold down whatever Ctrl key is sent to TCMD and press T several times as fast as possible. Close TCMD. I can't say with certainty what will happen but I get zombie TCCs numbering anywhere from 0 (rare) to the number of extra tabs I created.

It's a little harder, but I can also create zombies by making several new tabs with Alt-T-T as fast as I can. Of course, use the Alt key which is sent to TCMD.

For me on this virtual XP machine, TCCs are orphaned, but CMDs are closed.

Even weirder, if I close an attached CMD tab with its X, TCMD just closes with no prompt even though there are TCC tabs left (orphaning them), and I have TCMD configured to prompt on exit.

And one more quirk with closing tabs.

If I have Close if no Tabs Exiist in TCMD enabled and I say No to the prompt, it turns off the option. I would expect it to stay set so I can choose every time.

Other than the proper Evaluation dialog being displayed on startup now, build 48 is behaving exactly the same for me as build 47. TCCs are still being orphaned.

I noted in another thread that Ctrl-T opens a new tab.

That makes it quite easy to create zombie TCCs (tab TCCs left running when TCMD is closed).

From Take Command, if you select Tabs, and then Attach Tabs, can you de-zombie them?

Joe

try it with build 49 (already uploaded) and let me know if you still see the problem.
With build 48 I could create zombies as easily as before. With build 49 I tried quite hard for about 10 minutes using the previously mentioned strategies and even holding down Ctrl-T (while you finally released T you'd get 20-30 TCCs, most of which would wind up zombies). I even used powershell as ComSpec because it starts so slowly. All my attempts failed. I did not create a single zombie.

Back