Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 10 support

Mar
One of the features announced for v18 is Windows 10 support? Does v17 not run correctly on Windows 10? Are there a few batch file additions to Windows 10 that v18 supports?

I'm trying to decide if an upgrade to v18 is required for Windows 10 support or not...

Thanks.

An upgrade isn't required. At this point, there are no changes in CMD.EXE in Windows 10 vs. Windows 8.1, so there are no compatibility changes in TCC.

There are some new things in the Windows 10 console support (conhost), but they're mostly a tiny fraction of what is already in TCMD. There are a few additions in TCMD & TCC to handle some new Windows 10 hotkeys, and a few additions for things like VER to identify Windows 10.

An upgrade isn't required. At this point, there are no changes in CMD.EXE in Windows 10 vs. Windows 8.1, ,,,,,,,,,,

Can you post a list of WHICH versions will *NOT* work with Windows 10? Or somehow cover this?
I.E. I have, and am still using V11 on Windows 7. I've been more than happy with it and as a retired user, would like to avoid the upgrade cost.

Thanks
Bob

Can you post a list of WHICH versions will *NOT* work with Windows 10? Or somehow cover this?
I.E. I have, and am still using V11 on Windows 7. I've been more than happy with it and as a retired user, would like to avoid the upgrade cost.

Any version that runs in Windows 7 will run in Windows 10.

Versions prior to v9 won't be able to register without some convolutions (due to internal Windows changes).