Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's With the Tutorials Page?

I get a real page from each of the five options.

1685558242760.png

What page are you going to? When I click on the link in my message above, I get a page with bulleted lists of links, such as one for "Triggers (Event Monitoring)". When I click on any of those links (the many I've tried), I get a 404 error.

What page are you going to? When I click on the link in my message above, I get a page with bulleted lists of links, such as one for "Triggers (Event Monitoring)". When I click on any of those links (the many I've tried), I get a 404 error.
Yeah. Nearly every link on that page gives me a 404.

That page seems the same as this one. In this local one, the links work (of course their built into the help).

1685560524526.png

My help display looks different from yours. I do not see "Take Command and" at the beginning of all my tabs. And you're right that the tutorials appear in the help.

Hmmm. I had put an image in my reply, it appeared in the preview, but it's no longer there. I'll try attaching it here.

Attachments

• TCMD_Help.png
    TCMD_Help.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 71
I had clicked on the "Tutorials" heading. The caption changes to "TakeCommand and TCC Tutorials" but the tail of it isn't visible. If, instead, I click on a sub-topic (like Event Monitoring) the caption changes to something more friendly.

I just tried the video tutorials. Some work and some fail both in the local help and the web page. And surprisingly they are different ones! They are probably both supposed to open YouTube pages, but some of the URLs must be wrong in each place.

Where do you have a "Tutorials" heading? If I go to the main help (overview), I have a list on the left that includes "> Tutorials". Is that what you mean?

Sorry. I just figured it out. I set the "Header" to hidden! Yes, that opens a web page, but it may not be the same one. The URL is

jpsoft.com/tutorials/take-command-tutorials.html

rather than

jpsoft.com/tutorials/

Perhaps those are the same things, but one of the two video links failed for me previously. No, I just noticed that the two pages have different titles. One is "Tutorials" and the other is "All Tutorials". (But both video links work now.)

The video tutorial link that doesn't work is the one for "An Introduction to Take Command" in the local help file.

The video tutorial link for "An Introduction to Take Command" in the local help file still does not work. I'm talking about the one in the page that comes up after selecting the "Tutorials" topic in the help system.

By the way, I am slowly getting comfortable with the new help -- though I still miss the favorites facility. I'm going to solve that eventually with a BTM script.

I'm still a bit puzzled by the two search icons, both of which have the same tooltip.

1685642060162.png

With the example in the screen shot above, note that the at-sign gets stripped, and the search is done for "clip" rather than "@clip", which makes it harder to find what I really want. Other symbols (for example '[') also seem to be stripped. I'm guessing that your answer will be that you have no control over that, so we'll live with it. Or maybe there is a good reason for it. (But you probably will not give my wished-for answer: Oh, that's easy to fix for the next version. :-)

I'm still a bit puzzled by the two search icons, both of which have the same tooltip.

View attachment 3967

One is for the Quick Search, one is for the normal search. Same as the v27 quick search.

With the example in the screen shot above, note that the at-sign gets stripped, and the search is done for "clip" rather than "@clip", which makes it harder to find what I really want. Other symbols (for example '[') also seem to be stripped. I'm guessing that your answer will be that you have no control over that, so we'll live with it. Or maybe there is a good reason for it. (But you probably will not give my wished-for answer: Oh, that's easy to fix for the next version. :-)

Not under my control. (The v27 search did the same thing.)