Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What version and Windows OS are you using?

Aug
Hi folks,
Just a suggestion, but when posting for assistance, I think it would be best to have the first part of your post indicate the version of TCC/TCMD/TCCLE/TCCRT that you are using. This can be determined with;
Code:
c:\users\jlc\utils>ver

TCC  24.01.41 x64   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]

This should make things faster in obtaining a response, since each version has differences that may result in a solution that works for one version, but not in another version.

Joe

There's /R switch.
Code:
$ tcc.exe /C VER /R

TCC-RT  24.01.41 x64   Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7601]
TCC-RT Build 41   Windows 7 Build 7601  Service Pack 1

But be aware that some older versions of TCC (including the latest TCC/LE) running on newer versions of Window may report incorrect information. Windows lies! ... or at least GetVersionEx() lies.

Running WINVER is not as command-line-ish, but is more likely to tell the truth.

This and tcmd32 are kept as my command-line calculator, and for running in windows 2k vms.

Code:
[d:\]ver /r

4NT  8.01.70   Windows Vista [Version 6.1.7601]
4NT Build 70   Windows Vista Build 7601  Service Pack 1
Registered to Wendy Krieger

Don't worry about the DOS string (here 'Windows Vista') That comes from 4nt. Look at the version number and build. The trick is that the box name and the version digits add to the same number, so 8.1 = 6.3, 8.0 = 6.2, 7.0 = 6.1.

I call all windows 6.x 'vista' because of the different boot sector.