Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VMWare Shared Drives

Jul
Installed TCC into a 64-bit Windows 7 VM (using VMWare).
VMWare is configured to map drive Z: to access the host machine.

I see z: inside Windows Explorer.
I can use "dir z:\C" from CMD.

TCC, however, does not see the drive:

C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD12x64]echo %_DRIVES
A: C: D:

[C:\Program Files\JPSoft\TCMD12x64]dir z:
TCC: (Sys) The system cannot find the drive specified.
"Z:"

Note that some other applications can also NOT see drive Z (QT Creator, for example).

The drive shows as "Shared Folders (\\vmware-host)(Z:)" in other applications such as Firefox.

Any thoughts?

If the programs that can't see the Z: drive are being run as a different user, such as an administrator where you have to enter that user's credentials, then they are using a different profile that has its own set of drive mappings.

If the programs that can't see the Z: drive are being run as a different user, such as an administrator where you have to enter that user's credentials, then they are using a different profile that has its own set of drive mappings.

Oh my goodness. Now that had not occurred to me.

Some things that I do fail if I am not the administrator, so, I ran TCC as an administrator. Went back to the standard user and there it is. You are correct. How annoying!

Thanks. You ever make it to Columbus Ohio, I have a drink with your name on it.

Oh my goodness. Now that had not occurred to me.

Some things that I do fail if I am not the administrator, so, I ran TCC as an administrator. Went back to the standard user and there it is. You are correct. How annoying!
Definitely an annoying aspect of that feature. I'm frustrated by it all the time. Heh

Thanks. You ever make it to Columbus Ohio, I have a drink with your name on it.
Glad I could help. :-)

Back