Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"View" settings still not remembered

May
When I first started TCMD build 46 there was no file explorer and no status bar (my preference). Then I checked View\FileExplorer and View\StatusBar and they both showed up. Then I closed TCMD and ran it again. There was no FileExplorer and no StatusBar even though both were checked in the View menu. And at this point, the "FileExplorer" button, which I had put on the QuickAccess toolbar was lit up, as if the FileExplorer was shown.

In another experiment, I removed the "FileExplorer" button from the QA toolbar ... closed TCMD and started it again ... the button was back!

Here it's no more a problem (Win 10 Pro x64): at least I can switch the Ribbon state and it stays ... strange.

When I first started TCMD build 46 there was no file explorer and no status bar (my preference). Then I checked View\FileExplorer and View\StatusBar and they both showed up. Then I closed TCMD and ran it again. There was no FileExplorer and no StatusBar even though both were checked in the View menu. And at this point, the "FileExplorer" button, which I had put on the QuickAccess toolbar was lit up, as if the FileExplorer was shown.

In another experiment, I removed the "FileExplorer" button from the QA toolbar ... closed TCMD and started it again ... the button was back!

Not reproducible here (any of that). And TCMD isn't controlling the QA toolbar.

IIRC, this is how the other related thread started. Then others chimed in with observations of the same problem.

What should I delete from the registry to start afresh?

P.S., Yes, the states of the ribbon and tabbed toolbar seem to be the only things remembered.

After deleting
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\Take Command 19.0 x86
and letting TCMD re-create it, things are better ... but not perfect.

StatusBar enabled/disabled is now remembered.

But ... I check View\FileExplorer, FileExplorer opens, not in auto-hide mode (pushpin pointing down) and the tab window shrinks accordingly. Then I close TCMD and restart it. FileExplorer is still enabled (better than before) but it's hidden and set to auto-hide. Can't I start TCMD with FileExplorer showing and not in auto-hide mode?

I'm now seeing a similar problem. I prefer the toolbar ribbon minimized, but with the latest patch that option doesn't persist between launches of tcc. My specs are:

TCC 19.10.46 x64 Windows 10 [Version 6.3.10586]
TCC Build 46 Windows 10 Build 10586

[edit: I posted this in the related "oddity" topic after realizing it was more specific to this particular issue.]

Click on View / Minimize Ribbon.
Apparently I didn't make myself clear. I know how to minimize the ribbon. I can click on the View->Minimize Ribbon checkbox and it does minimize the ribbon. But only for the duration of that session; the setting doesn't seem to persist. If I close TCC and restart it the ribbon bar reappears.

I'm resurrecting this as I have a similar issue on Win10x64. It works fine on my main OS, but Win10x64 under Hyper-V doesn't persist the minimized ribbon.