Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

version 13 portable installation

If Rex goes out of business and forgets to tell us how to generate keys for systems we may buy in the future, can't we change the new hard disk's serial number to what it was when we last installed?
No, because TCMD doesn't allow a portable installation on a hard disk. Only USB keys can be used for portable installations - more precisely, only removable drives can.

No, because TCMD doesn't allow a portable installation on a hard disk. Only USB keys can be used for portable installations - more precisely, only removable drives can.

What is the registration tied to? Values in the registry, the TakeCommand.13.0.key file, and/or Windows hard disk serial number?

If you're asking me... I'm afraid I don't know the details.

Earlier it was said that reformatting the removable drive would wipe out the activation. It's just a guess, but that suggests the registration is linked to a serial number (or other ID) of the file system installed on the drive.

WMI shows a "Serial Number" and a "Signature" for each drive.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:13:06 -0400, vefatica <> wrote:

|---Quote (Originally by Stefano Piccardi)---
|If you're asking me... I'm afraid I don't know the details.
|---End Quote---
|Earlier it was said that reformatting the removable drive would wipe out the activation. It's just a guess, but that suggests the registration is linked to a serial number (or other ID) of the file system installed on the drive.
|
|WMI shows a "Serial Number" and a "Signature" for each drive.

There's also a "PNPDeviceID".