Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v25 BC break in WINDOW and ACTIVATE

Aug
v.25 introduced a new way to move or resize windows separately, that is breaking backward compatibility with existing scripts.
You can no longer move windows to -1 pixel off screen.

Because that's optimal position for the window I'm moving.
Change it to non-numeric value, "x" for example.
Then you would achieve the desired results without BC break.

-1 isn't necessarily off screen, it's just one pixel off the screen of one monitor. Dual monitor systems (depending on the configuration) will end up with a one-pixel stripe on one of the monitors.

Unless you're trying to hide one pixel of your window border on a single-monitor system, I don't see how this is of any benefit.

Because that's optimal position for the window I'm moving.
Change it to non-numeric value, "x" for example.

For a non-numeric do-nothing token, I'd suggest that a minus sign (sans digits) might be more intuitive. But if you really want to use a numeric value, -32000 is a lot less likely to intersect an actual monitor.

Why do you assume that the window I'm moving will inevitable end up on both monitors of the multimonitor system? Can't I move it to the side of one of the monitors, that isn't adjacent to another one????
(And yes, I have two monitors. And yes, I'm moving the window to the left side of the left monitor. And no, it's my choice where I want my windows. And it's only mine.)

For a non-numeric do-nothing token, I'd suggest that a minus sign (sans digits) might be more intuitive.
That could be.

Or just let /POS: accept either 4 or 2 numbers, and introduce a new switch "/SIZE:w,h".

P.S.
I don't recall if I mentioned it earlier, but there's a discrepancy between @WINPOS's "top,left,bottom,right" and
"/POS=left,top,width,height".

Different Windows APIs.
I may not have used them all, but I have always relied on the (apparent) Left,Top,Right,Bottom (or Left,Top,Width,Height) convention in the APIs and structures. Which one is different?

No, in this case, it was just a highlight.
At most, it would be useful to explicitly mention this caveat in the documentation, so people are aware.