Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V23 cdd /s doing WIERD things.

Having just installed V23 (after buying the update) on of the first things I tried was to update my directory tree file. NO JOY!!!

TCC keeps telling me that it cannot access the file

TCC: (Sys) Access is denied.
"C:\ProgramData\JP Software\jpstree.idx"

A whole bunch of those - one of those for each of the 18 drives in the system. What is going on???

I was using V22. The date on my last JPSTREE,.idx file is 3/10/2018, but I was probably using an earlier version of Windows 10 then. My current version is Build 17692.1000.

Having just installed V23 (after buying the update) on of the first things I tried was to update my directory tree file. NO JOY!!!

TCC keeps telling me that it cannot access the file

TCC: (Sys) Access is denied.
"C:\ProgramData\JP Software\jpstree.idx"

A whole bunch of those - one of those for each of the 18 drives in the system. What is going on???
Perhaps you don't have write permission for "C:\ProgramData\JP Software\" directory with your current login credentials.
Try setting a different location (one you know you have write permissions) in the TCC configuration dialog-Command Line tab.
You could also try starting your TCC session elevated before attempting to update your jpstree.idx

Then use CDD /S again.

What happens?

Just out of curiosity, why not use the included "everything" search engine vs. jpstree.idx?

BINGO!!!!!! You got it! I have always run TCC as Administrator, but with V23 I had not yet figured out how to force that. Now I
have, and on running CDD /S again it seems to be working correctly. As to the "everything" search engine, I tried that when it was first added and it did not seem to do what I wanted so I went back to the tried and true. I do not remember the details of why I was unhappy, but...

Thanks!!!

Harvey

To run TCC as Administrator, right click on a shortcut that points to TCC, select properties, click Shortcut tab, then click Advanced. The option is there.