Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V19 - 'V' and 'View"

Aug
Getting a look at V19 in a Win7x64 VM. Using V or View to examine the readme.txt file results in nothing. No errors, nothing displayed. View by itself does display a file open dialog - but selecting the readme from there and clicking Open does nothing.

So VIEW in the v19 release will work without a license? I doubt so but that's how your comment reads. More like v19 release won't have the restriction requiring a v18 license but will require a v19 license, right?

I've been using V since '97 so I've never used VIEW in TC. Now that I think of it, I renewed V recently too - don't know what I was thinking :-)

So will v19 include v15 of V?

VIEW in the v19 beta will only work if you have a v18 license on the system. The v19 release will not have that restriction.
VIEW works for me but the v.exe that comes with TCMD (19 beta) doesn't. Should it? I have a registered V (version 15) on my system.

If you invoke the v.exe binary in the TC installation folder, it shouldn't work - my guess.

I guess VIEW invokes v.exe and it might be finding your v15 in the path before the one in the TC folder. Not really anything TC needs to be concerned about. Help about (within V) will answer the question because the license for TC is unique and separate from your V license.

If you invoke the v.exe binary in the TC installation folder, it shouldn't work - my guess.

I guess VIEW invokes v.exe and it might be finding your v15 in the path before the one in the TC folder. Not really anything TC needs to be concerned about. Help about (within V) will answer the question because the license for TC is unique and separate from your V license.
I had already investigated that, VIEW invokes the one in TCC's directory. Help\About reveals that that v.exe may be special (to interavt with TCC).