Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Documentation v15 help: Some trivial nitpicking.

Feb
Although I've raised a few comments on the help during the public beta I feel I should state that I consider the TCMD/TCC help an example of best in class. I've encountered plenty of "help" systems that are no help at all, whereas I rarely fail to find what I need in TCMD/TCC help. However, in poking about in the help file during the beta I can't help spotting a few things :)

1. TCC > Commands > USBMONITOR

The help states that​

USBMONITOR creates two environment variables...
and then goes on to list three variables.​

2. Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting, Service & Support > Contacting JP Software

I expect you'll get the e-mails anyway, but this page has a sales e-mail address that displays as "[email protected]" yet the mailto: link creates an e-mail addressed to "[email protected]"​

1. TCC > Commands > USBMONITOR

The help states that​
USBMONITOR creates two environment variables...
and then goes on to list three variables.​
That's technically correct, though somewhat confusing because there isn't a separation before the third variable. As the help says, there are two variables that are created when a device is connected or disconnected. The third variable is set whenever the command is triggered (not on a connection or disconnection). I'll add something to make that a little clearer.​

2. Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting, Service & Support > Contacting JP Software

I expect you'll get the e-mails anyway, but this page has a sales e-mail address that displays as "[email protected]" yet the mailto: link creates an e-mail addressed to "[email protected]"​

WAD - the [email protected] was removed several years ago because it was getting several thousand spam emails every day. We keep it in the help because spammers that are scraping the addresses from the page get the wrong one and send their junk to oblivion.