Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done v11 idea - Date picker function

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
It would be handy to have a function, say @PICKDATE, which displays a popup calendar control and allows the user to choose a date. The arguments might include a default date in local/ISO format, or else an integer offset prefixed with - or + to default to n days before/after the current date; and an optional value specifying the format in which to return the selected date.

I imagine this control as displaying a one-month calendar, with left-arrow and right-arrow buttons to decrement/increment the month. It might also be nice to allow for Monday-first vs. Sunday-first format; many countries put Sunday on the right.

It would be handy to have a function, say @PICKDATE, which displays a popup calendar control and allows the user to choose a date. The arguments might include a default date in local/ISO format, or else an integer offset prefixed with - or + to default to n days before/after the current date; and an optional value specifying the format in which to return the selected date.

I imagine this control as displaying a one-month calendar, with left-arrow and right-arrow buttons to decrement/increment the month. It might also be nice to allow for Monday-first vs. Sunday-first format; many countries put Sunday on the right.

I second that request. In fact, I asked for that back in v8 (or maybe v7) days.

Dave C.

Charles Dye wrote:

> It would be handy to have a function, say @PICKDATE, which displays a
> popup calendar control and allows the user to choose a date. The
> arguments might include a default date in local/ISO format,

I'd like to see TCC being able to correctly handle ISO date formats
including the week number, like 4DOS now does, first.

A good example of what you propose is shown by TClockEX
<http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm> , where the calendar
popup is customizable to show Sunday as the first or last day of the
week and show the ISO week number.

What about a corresponding @picktime function?

* Klaus Meinhard *
4DOS Info - Info for DOS
www.4dos.info

You can set sunday as the first day of the week through registry. Here's part of a plugin i wrote for bartpe that sets sunday as week first-day.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=10048

Code:
; HKCU\ IREGION=Control Panel\International

0x1, "%IREGION%", "iFirstDayOfWeek" , "6"  ; Sunday  [Mon = 0]
0x1, "%IREGION%", "iFirstDayOfYear" , "0"
0x1, "%IREGION%", "iMeasure" , "1"  ;  1 = true, 0 = false