Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Updater/silentall not working?

Jan
Hi - apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I've looked and can't find anything...

I'm trying to write a (logon) script that will check for updates to TCMD and TCC-RT and updated them silently if required.

I can get updater.exe/checknow to work and can see the process running in Windows task manager, but updater.exe /silent and updater.exe /silentall just don't seem to even run and there's no process showing in task manager, not even briefly...?

Is this because the "check for updates every ?? days" hasn't passed since the last check? If so, is there any way to (silently) force the check? I've tried updater.exe /silentall /checknow and updater.exe /checknow /silentall but the second parameter just seems to be ignored...

Is this because the "check for updates every ?? days" hasn't passed since the last check? If so, is there any way to (silently) force the check? I've tried updater.exe /silentall /checknow and updater.exe /checknow /silentall but the second parameter just seems to be ignored...

Yes. Updater.exe will be started very briefly (probably too short to notice) and will find that the "check for updates timeout" hasn't expired and will exit right away.

You can bypass this behaviour with an extra (sub)parameter:

Code:
UPDATER.EXE /silentall -nofreqcheck

If you want to run UPDATER.exe "invisible":
Code:
UPDATER.EXE /silentall -nofreqcheck -nogui

To be precice: this is just the updater routine. Installation is a whole new chapter ...

EDIT: /silentall and /checknow are mutual exclusive; you can't use them together

Last edited: