Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

unzip problem in tcmd 12 b 36

D

drrob1

I just was unable to unzip a zip file (sent to Rex yesterday) using the new build 36 that I just d/l using the updates option. This file always unzipped before. And I was successfully and easily able to unzip using 7z.

I just got non-informative errors:
TCC error in archive jcal753.zip.
Error while decompressing content [every file in archive by name]

Each file in this small zipfile failed to unzip at all. I was left with 0-byte files in the directory.

No trouble at all w/ 7z.

Any one else having trouble now but not in earlier builds?

I just was unable to unzip a zip file (sent to Rex yesterday) using the new build 36 that I just d/l using the updates option. This file always unzipped before. And I was successfully and easily able to unzip using 7z.

This file failed to unzip for me with build 35 as well; I had to use WinZip to extract it. (I just assumed you used some non-standard scheme.)

I did not write the pgm, and I didn't zip it up. I downloaded it back
in the day. Don't remember exactly when, but I think it could be over a
decade ago.

On 11/17/2010 09:47 PM, rconn wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by drrob1)---
> I just was unable to unzip a zip file (sent to Rex yesterday) using the new build 36 that I just d/l using the updates option. This file always unzipped before. And I was successfully and easily able to unzip using 7z.
> ---End Quote---
>
> This file failed to unzip for me with build 35 as well; I had to use WinZip to extract it. (I just assumed you used some non-standard scheme.)
>
>
>
>
>

> I did not write the pgm, and I didn't zip it up. I downloaded it back in
the day.

> Don't remember exactly when, but I think it could be over a decade ago.

I'll pass it on to the zip library developers, but I'm not going to worry
overly much about it unless somebody has a problem with a zip file created
within the past 10-15 years.

Rex Conn
JP Software