Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trivial cosmetic nits thread -- a longstanding tradition!

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
SERVICES quickhelp -- doubled letter in /rRun option

ZIP quickhelp -- /YC option doesn't line up; needs another tab? Also (even more trivial), ".Zip archive" has ".Zip" in mixed case; in the UNZIP quickhelp, it's given as ".ZIP archives" (all uppercase)

VBEEP -- I just tried this new command for the first time. (Obviously it's not deeply important to me!) It reverses and re-reverses the visible part of the console buffer as expected. However, it seems to leave random colors in the scrollback buffer *below* the visible window; they show up as odd blocks of color when e.g. scrolling a long directory listing after VBEEP. I'm not really sure whether this is TCmd, or whether it's a video driver issue -- does anyone else see the same thing?

Another cosmetic fixup needed

The index entry for @TK is missing. (The actual page f_tk.htm is there.)

VBEEP -- I just tried this new command for the first time. (Obviously it's not deeply important to me!) It reverses and re-reverses the visible part of the console buffer as expected. However, it seems to leave random colors in the scrollback buffer *below* the visible window; they show up as odd blocks of color when e.g. scrolling a long directory listing after VBEEP. I'm not really sure whether this is TCmd, or whether it's a video driver issue -- does anyone else see the same thing?

Not reproducible here. Anybody else?

Attachments

• vbeep.jpg
    vbeep.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 296
What's the exact syntax you're using?

C:\work> vbeep hand 400 3

C:\work> vbeep ok 400 3

C:\work> vbeep ok 400 3

I get alternating lines of "colored spaces".

Charles Dye wrote:

>
> ZIP quickhelp -- /YC option doesn't line up; needs another tab? Also
> (even more trivial), ".Zip archive" has ".Zip" in mixed case; in the UNZIP
> quickhelp, it's given as ".ZIP archives" (all uppercase)
>
In addition, ZIP quickhelp still shows the /P option.

--
Howard

VBEEP ... seems to leave random colors in the scrollback buffer *below* the visible window; they show up as odd blocks of color when e.g. scrolling a long directory listing after VBEEP.[/quote]

I'm no longer able to reproduce this one; did something change? (My other trivial nits have also been addressed, obviously.)

> VBEEP ... seems to leave random colors in the scrollback buffer *below*
> the visible window; they show up as odd blocks of color when e.g.
> scrolling a long directory listing after VBEEP.
>
> I'm no longer able to reproduce this one; did something change? (My
> other trivial nits have also been addressed, obviously.)
[/quote]

Yes, I added a workaround for a Windows console API bug. (Though I'm not
100% positive it's an API bug; it could also have been a video driver bug.)

Yes, I added a workaround for a Windows console API bug. (Though I'm not 100% positive it's an API bug; it could also have been a video driver bug.)

Entirely possible; it's an old video card. Whatever you did seems to have fixed it; thanks!

The help page for @ISPRIME function has it as @ISOPRIME (a new standard of primeness?)

HELP DATEDISPLAYFORMATS: the text should probably be updated to include the new formats. E.g.:

"For codes 1...6 the field order is as shown above."

"Year is two digits for codes 1, 2, and 3, and four digits for codes 4, 5, and 6."

"Codes 4, 5, and 6 use a hyphen as..."