Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Transparent window

Any chance of a transparent cmd window a la - CMD Aero for Win 7

All one needs to do is call DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow. Please see MSDN here.

If you're referring to the Take Command window, look for the slider at the far right side of the status bar.

If you mean the console window, I imagine the utility you cite should work fine with TCC.EXE. (If it doesn't provide any way to change the name of the executable it starts -- shame! -- then you can just run TCC from the CMD.EXE prompt.)

Hi Charles,
Yes, I was referring to the Take Command window but just the console area background. The slider almost does what I want, but it makes the entire window transparent - the console area, the text, menu, title bar and all. I was hoping for something similar to the example I showed where only the background of the console window area is transparent with a blurry background(or not ). The text, title bar and rest are still solid. The blurry background is not so important for me. Basically, I do a lot of work on the console while rendering images in a background window. I'd like to keep an eye on the render while still working in the console.

Thanks a lot for an awesome product.

VJ

Yes, I was referring to the Take Command window but just the console area background.

Not at present.

I suspect that adding this would involve modifying a third-party tabbed-windows framework, and would be a whole lot easier if (when) Windows XP support is dropped.