Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Temporarily Disable Library Functions

Apr
If you put an asterisk (*) immediately before a command in the value of an alias definition then TCC will not interpret that command as another alias. So you can do things like:

alias dir=*dir /w

to amend the default behaviour of internal commands. Also, if at any time you need to run the internal command from the prompt, it's easy to override the alias by placing an asterisk in front of the command name.

I'd like to be able to do the same thing with library functions; I think the use of the asterisk is will established and well understood with aliases and so I'd suggest using it for library functions too.

So I'd like to suggest a modification to TCC such that if you put an asterisk immediately before a command in the value of a library function definition then TCC will not interpret that command as an alias or library function but will look instead for an internal command of that name, and using an asterisk immediately before a library function name on the command line will also make TCC look for an internal command of that name.

Back