Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

telnet and scripts

Sep
Hello!

I am trying to write an script to automatize a modem (a bunch of modems!) configuration via telnet. The script has to wait some responses, and has to perform some actions depending on the received response.

I have been trying to solve it using "pipes" but the succes is zero, and I am not sure if this is the right way.

As telnet client I have tried the WindowsXP integrated Telnet and also the "Putty".
Some ideas? Thank you very much in advance!

Josep

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:54:38 -0500, "JP Software Forums" <[email protected]>,J
Marro <> wrote:

>I am trying to write an script to automatize a modem (a bunch of modems!) configuration via telnet. The script has to wait some responses, and has to perform some actions depending on the received response.

It sounds like you need Kermit95 (or whatever is Kermit's latest incarnation for
Windows).

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:54:38 -0500, "JP Software Forums" <[email protected]>,J
Marro <> wrote:

It sounds like you need Kermit95 (or whatever is Kermit's latest incarnation for
Windows).

Thank you! Currently, I am trying another approach that seems easier... I feel that using Perl or Ruby could be more fruitful. So today I have learning some basic skills, and seems that "this is" the right way.