Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD10 tab background color

May
Using 10.0.51

In TCMD9 I changed the default Windows console text and background colors to get the ones I wanted (black on white).

I had TCMD configured to use default foreground and background colors for tabs (Options - Tabs).

This way when I started a new tab it had the wanted colors. But now with TCMD10 I am required to do a CLS /C to get them, newly started tabs still use white on black unless this is done.

Did something change in TCMD10 or might I have forgotten something? (I have recently switched workstations so I had to reinstall TCMD and transfer all settings).

This issue is no big deal as it can be fixed by setting the tab colors in TCMD options instead of using the (default) values and relying on Windows console settings.

I noticed another problem when running TCC in stand-alone mode. It seems that Foreground and Background colors are reversed.

When I use white as output foreground color and black as output background color then the text is black but the background is white.
(I use ANSI colors, but unchecking makes no difference).

Is it supposed to work like this?

nikbackm wrote:

> This issue is no big deal as it can be fixed by setting the tab colors in TCMD options instead of using the (default) values and relying on Windows console settings.
>
> I noticed another problem when running TCC in stand-alone mode. It seems that Foreground and Background colors are reversed.
>
> When I use white as output foreground color and black as output background color then the text is black but the background is white.
> (I use ANSI colors, but unchecking makes no difference).
>
> Is it supposed to work like this?

Not reproducible here, and since I haven't heard this from anybody else
(and I'm sure I would have!) I suspect it's specific to your system.

Send me your TCMD.INI file.

Rex Conn
JP Software

nikbackm wrote:

> Using 10.0.51
>
> In TCMD9 I changed the default Windows console text and background colors to get the ones I wanted (black on white).
>
> I had TCMD configured the use default foreground and background colors for tabs (Options - Tabs).
>
> This way when I started a new tab it had the wanted colors. But now with TCMD10 I am required to do a CLS /C to get them, newly started tabs still use white on black unless this is done.
>
> Did something change in TCMD10 or might I have forgotten something? (I have recently switched workstations so I had to reinstall TCMD and transfer all settings).

Not reproducible here. Check both your TCC color settings and your TCMD
tab colors (and your TCSTART) to see if you're overriding the default
console foreground & background.

Rex Conn
JP Software

nikbackm wrote:

Not reproducible here. Check both your TCC color settings and your TCMD
tab colors (and your TCSTART) to see if you're overriding the default
console foreground & background.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Late reply, since this only occurs at work and I just returned from winter vacation.

TCC 10,00,53 Windows XP [Version 5,1,2600]

The picture here shows the color settings for TCMD and TCC as well as a TCMD session and a TCC session started with "*start" from TCMD.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4374/tcmdtcccolors.png

TCMD.INI file is attached.

Running without TCSTART.BTM did not change anything.

Attachments

• TCMD.INI.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 267
Some more information that might be pertinent.

I have changed the default console (CMD) colors to:
Screen text: (0,0,0) (R,G,B)
Screen Background (192,192,192) (R,G,B)

CMD consoles are thus using black text on a white background.

Also, when running in a TCC console these commands have the following effects.

"cls white on black" - Text color -> black, Bg color -> white
"cls black on white" - Text color -> white, Bg color -> black
"cls yellow on green" - As expected, yellow text and green background
"cls red on blue" - As expected
"cls yel on red" - As expected.