Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD not updated

Jun
Downloaded TCMD 36 - installed in same location as 35 - when invoked it lists as 12.00.35 - appears to not be updated. Same results selecting TCC - appears as 35.

Ran installation again, selected Repair - made no change.

Checked folder; TCMD.exe is dated 06 Nov and properties > version states it is 12.00.35.

Something amiss here.

Downloaded TCMD 36 - installed in same location as 35 - when invoked it lists as 12.00.35 - appears to not be updated. Same results selecting TCC - appears as 35.

Ran installation again, selected Repair - made no change.

Checked folder; TCMD.exe is dated 06 Nov and properties > version states it is 12.00.35.

Something amiss here.

How did you download TCMD -- through the updater or from the ftp site?

I just downloaded & reinstalled TCMD from the web site, and it's definitely 12.0.36. (Are you downloading the 32-bit or 64-bit version of TCMD?)

How did you download TCMD -- through the updater or from the ftp site?

I just downloaded & reinstalled TCMD from the web site, and it's definitely 12.0.36. (Are you downloading the 32-bit or 64-bit version of TCMD?)
First attempt, yesterday, was with download from FTP site - 32-bit. Have not yet tried to update my 64-bit version.

Today, started Take Command and went to Help > Check for Updates - info was 36 was available > downlaod and install okayed - error message: Some of the updates failed to install properly.

Tried downlaod again > repair > made no difference.

First attempt, yesterday, was with download from FTP site - 32-bit. Have not yet tried to update my 64-bit version.

Today, started Take Command and went to Help > Check for Updates - info was 36 was available > downlaod and install okayed - error message: Some of the updates failed to install properly.

Tried downlaod again > repair > made no difference.

The only reason you should EVER download from the ftp site is if you're blocked (i.e., by a network admin) from accessing the web (http) site. The updater will only work through the web site, and JP Software provides no support for downloads & installations through ftp.

At this point, it sounds like you have a thoroughly munged installation, and all I can recommend is uninstalling and then downloading & reinstalling build 36.

The only reason you should EVER download from the ftp site is if you're blocked (i.e., by a network admin) from accessing the web (http) site. The updater will only work through the web site, and JP Software provides no support for downloads & installations through ftp.

At this point, it sounds like you have a thoroughly munged installation, and all I can recommend is uninstalling and then downloading & reinstalling build 36.
Win7 32-bit - had same problem as mentioned above trying to update to version 36 - ran update from within Take Command 35 > download and update then error message. Had to go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Take Command > Uninstall > removed successfully > Select downloaded version of Take Command 12.0.36 > Install > Same location as previous > install routine completed successfully > version 12.0.36 - so problem appears to not be an issue with my system but with the update/installation routine in 32-bit version.

Booted to XP x64 then Win7 64-bit and both updated just fine using the downloaded Take Command version 12.0.36.

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:28:55 -0500, ChiefZeke <> wrote:

|Today, started Take Command and went to Help > Check for Updates - info was 36 was available > downlaod and install okayed - error message: Some of the updates failed to install properly.
|
|Tried downlaod again > repair > made no difference.

Here, that error message means there are TCMD/TCC processes still running. My
habit is to close TCC as soon as the download starts. TCMD can leave zombie,
hidden TCCs if it doesn't close properly. If you get that error message again,
have a look at TaskMgr and see if there are any TCCs or TCMDs running. I think
there's a "Retry" option which has worked for me after killing the zombies.

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:28:55 -0500, ChiefZeke <> wrote:

|Today, started Take Command and went to Help > Check for Updates - info was 36 was available > downlaod and install okayed - error message: Some of the updates failed to install properly.
|
|Tried downlaod again > repair > made no difference.

Here, that error message means there are TCMD/TCC processes still running. My
habit is to close TCC as soon as the download starts. TCMD can leave zombie,
hidden TCCs if it doesn't close properly. If you get that error message again,
have a look at TaskMgr and see if there are any TCCs or TCMDs running. I think
there's a "Retry" option which has worked for me after killing the zombies.
Your reply is no loger valid as I fixed the problem - see my posting at time 15:45