Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD Macro Recorder

Jun
I just played with the macro recorder. Can someone give me an example of what it can be used for? I use macros in my text editor to repeat editing steps, but I don't understand what a macro would be used for in TCMD.

Also, what controls the playback speed? I recorded a macro in which I typed an ECHO command. When I run the macro, the letters appear very slowly, maybe one per second.

I see that lots of people have looked at this message, but no one has provided any answer. Isn't there someone who uses the macro recorder??? There must have been a reason why it was implemented.

I see that lots of people have looked at this message, but no one has provided any answer. Isn't there someone who uses the macro recorder??? There must have been a reason why it was implemented.
It seems that not a lot of folks use it. I don’t, but that may be because I was unaware of it. Still a concrete example from someone who’s actually used it would help. otherwise it is just a theoretical curiosity.

Still not one example of an actual, practical use. Maybe it's there because Rex has a use for it.

In order to be useful, it would have to do something relatively complex or hard to remember.

I have used it in one or two cases, in order to play a long and repetitive sequence of clicks in a software (which I was debugging and I had to reach a given situation in order to debug).
- It was just a single macro record; I did not play with multiple macro records (RECORDER/R);
- AFAIU clicks are recorded as absolute positions versus the full screen, i-e it wouldn't work if the window moves each time you launch the software;
- AFAIU it does not manage when you swap the left and right buttons of the mouse (I had to temporarily cancel the swapping).