Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tcmd height with multiple monitors

Nov
In take command 9.02.152, 9.02.154, and 10.0.47 and Vista (could not try xp), the height of the tcmd window is limited by the height of the primary monitor. If a secondary monitor is taller than the primary monitor, the tcmd window can be resized to the full height, but the height on the status bar does not increase to more than the height of the primary, and output in the console is limited to the height of the primary. If the taller monitor is made primary tcmd behaves as expected (it resiszes to any height). tcc windows resizes to the set height and all lines are displayed no matter which monitor is primary. Can this be corrected - would help when I'm using tcmd on my secondary (portrait) monitor.

jbutare wrote:

> In take command 9.02.152, 9.02.154, and 10.0.47 and Vista (could not try xp), the height of the tcmd window is limited by the height of the primary monitor. If a secondary monitor is taller than the primary monitor, the tcmd window can be resized to the full height, but the height on the status bar does not increase to more than the height of the primary, and output in the console is limited to the height of the primary. If the taller monitor is made primary tcmd behaves as expected (it resiszes to any height). tcc windows resizes to the set height and all lines are displayed no matter which monitor is primary. Can this be corrected - would help when I'm using tcmd on my secondary (portrait) monitor.

The maximum window size is determined by the maximum console size (from
the Windows GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo API). There are two issues here:
first, the maximum size is going to be determined by the default
console font size (*not* the TCMD font size), so to get a really big
window you're going to need to start a console session, click on the
icon, then select Font and choose a small font size.

Second, the problem with GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo is that it does not
have an option for which monitor you want to use, so TCMD is dependent
on what Windows returns. (I have a dual monitor system but they're both
the same size so I don't know if Windows is going to take the current
monitor into account.)

Rex Conn
JP Software

Thanks Rex, changing the font size of tcc.exe to 4x6 let tcmd use the full height of the portrait monitor. When I run tcc outside of tcmd I can use the 4nt.exe stub to get a regular font size.