Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCmd Failure...

May
I just downloaded and installed both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Take Command. The Install processes were able to successfully start each of them. I then went to the JPSoft website to buy them and paid and got registration keys. I then shut down both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Take Command with the intention to restart them and provide the proper registration key. However, neither the 32- or 64-bit versions of tcmd will start; starting them either directly from the Windows GUI, the run box in the GUI, or a cmd.exe session yields a "system busy" mouse pointer for a few seconds followed by - nothing. Both TCC's will start however, if's just the Take Command programs that will not start.

First, there's no reason to install the 32-bit version of TCMD if you're running in a 64-bit version of Windows. (In most cases it will actually be harmful, unless you install the 32-bit version first and you do *not* allow the installer to install Everything or associate any extensions.)

Second, if you're not seeing TCMD start up, check your process list and see if TCMD is running in the background. If so, try killing that process & starting it again. If not, you probably have a garbled registry or TCMD.INI.