Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD crash when copy

Sep
Windows 10, tcmd v25.00.12 and it happens frequently that when I copy ctrl-C text from a window the tcmd crashes and the different tcc windows open in separate windows.

This problem has happened since I purchased tcmd but I did not register it as I know how well previous complains are handled.

Graham

First, update to the current build (25.00.28) and see if that solves your issue.

Second - exactly what do you mean by "tcmd crashes" - do you get an error popup from Windows? If the crash is inside TCMD.EXE or one of its dll's (like TakeCmd.dll) you'll get an exception log (tcmd.exception.log) in "c:\programdata\jp software\take command 25". If you don't have an exception log, the crash is most likely occurring either in a Windows dll or in third-party code that's being injected into TCMD.

Are you running any keyboard enhancers / loggers / etc?

1. I have updated to 0.28
2. There are no exception logs in c:\programdata\
3. Crash - I will capture the screen next time. Basically the tcmd holder splits out all the all tcc windows are separate windows. Is that a Windows.dll issue
4. I have very little software installed on the PC - basically all M/S products, UltraEdit and BeyondCompare. That's about it
Will try and send more information next time

You could use the Windows Steps Recorder to record the events.

Just run it *before* you Ctrl-C text from a Window, and it will record everything that you do, which you can then send to JPSoft.

Joe