Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 16 "Bleeds" onto second monitor

Aug
Hi,
Just downloaded and installed;

Code:
TCC  16.00.23  Windows Vista [Version 6.0.6002]
TCC Build 23  Windows Vista Build 6002  Service Pack 2

TCMD 16 (not tcc) "bleeds" onto my second monitor. I have TCMD 16 maximized.

When I say "bleed", I mean the extreme right side of the TCMD 16 Window appears on the extreme left side of my second monitor, and only when TCMD 16 is the active window.

I tried each of the TCMD 16 Styles/Themes, and got the same result. It is less noticeable with a black theme, for example, Office 2007 Black.

I tried changing themes in TCMD 15 just in case I had not noticed it before, but TCMD 15 stays on the one monitor.

Also, is there any way to add more styles/themes to TCMD? I miss my XP Theme. As I have my Windows Vista theme as "Classic" theme, I'd like to have the TCMD style/theme the same.

Joe

TCMD 16 (not tcc) "bleeds" onto my second monitor. I have TCMD 16 maximized.

When I say "bleed", I mean the extreme right side of the TCMD 16 Window appears on the extreme left side of my second monitor, and only when TCMD 16 is the active window.

Odd -- that would be up to Windows (or perhaps your video driver); TCMD has no control over that. I cannot reproduce it here.

How did you maximize TCMD?

Also, is there any way to add more styles/themes to TCMD? I miss my XP Theme. As I have my Windows Vista theme as "Classic" theme, I'd like to have the TCMD style/theme the same.

Not at this time. (There wouldn't be any way to do an XP theme anyway, as there is no ribbon equivalent in XP.)

I have TCMD 16 set to start Maximized. I also tried the Restore/Maximize button to see if that made any difference, but same results.

Monitor 1 is a BenQ G900W (Analog) on NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE
Monitor 2 is a LG W2243 (Analog) on NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE

My NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE video driver date is 1/18/2013, version 9.18.13.1106

I tried other applications, including TCMD 15, on monitor 1, but do not get the "bleeding" that I get from TCMD 16.

Joe

TCMD has no control -- at all, any way, any how -- over how Windows maximizes the window, or how the video driver renders it.

I've tried it on 4 systems here (Windows 7 and 8), and am unable to reproduce it on any of them. (Not that I could do anything about it even if I *could* reproduce it!) Your video driver is a bit elderly; you might consider updating it.

Anybody else able to reproduce this?

Updated the video driver.

My NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE video driver date is now 11/11/2013, version 9.18.13.3182 , no change in "bleeding".

I was going to use TCC16 from within TCMD15, but I see that the statusbar command gives the error "Take Command is not loaded", and since I place information on the statusbar, it looks like I cannot mix and match different versions of TCC with TCMD.

Joe

I couldn't reproduce it. Joe, do you see the actual window frame on the second monitor ... or just the fuzzy dark haze that Windows uses for accent. Either way, I think Rex is correct. An app has no control over what happens when you press the maximize button. Did you try it with TC16's ViewMenu\FullScreen? ... any different?

I see the actual window frame on the second monitor. On my first monitor, the TCMD Scroll Bar is flush right on the screen, and the edge of the TCMD window "bleeds" onto the second monitor.

I tried TCMD 16's ViewMenu\FullScreen, with the same result.

I wish their was a way I could take a snapshot of my second monitor, so you could see what I see.

Wait a minute...there is! @SNAPSHOT. Photo attached of my second monitor. The left of the photo shows the right side of the TCMD16 window.

Joe

Attachments

• Bleeder.jpg
    Bleeder.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 312
Can you press the PrintScreen key, paste the result into mspaint.exe, and post a PNG of the entire desktop with TCMD maxed on the left. Here that produces a PNG of 218KB.

Can you press the PrintScreen key, paste the result into mspaint.exe, and post a PNG of the entire desktop with TCMD maxed on the left. Here that produces a PNG of 218KB.

Attached. Much better view, shows the one edge hanging over onto Monitor #2.

Joe

Attachments

• Bleeder.png
    Bleeder.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 316
Very interesting! There's considerable discussion about this issue. Below this possibly appropriate quote are a couple of links that you might find interesting.
This is related to an issue that you sometimes have to watch out for when developing your own applications. When your window has a client window that has a border, you may need special casing that turns off (some of) the border(s) or moves them out of sight when the window is maximised. This is especially important when the client window may have scroll bars.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2012/03/26/10287385.aspx

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...led-windows-which-show-their-borders-on-adjac

I was going to use TCC16 from within TCMD15, but I see that the statusbar command gives the error "Take Command is not loaded", and since I place information on the statusbar, it looks like I cannot mix and match different versions of TCC with TCMD.

Not if you want to use the IPC between TCMD and TCC -- this is (always has been) tightly linked to the version.

But since (outside of the beta) I can't think of any reason you'd actually need to do this, I don't think it's too big a limitation.

I have tried all of the Styles/Themes under TCMD16. All exhibit the same behavior.

I presently have it set to Office 2010 Blue.

Joe