Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tcmd 12 and DOS

D

drrob1

Hi. I use a DOS program to calculate the dates for the Jewish holidays. This program is called jcal. It ran fine in Tcmd V11 and earlier. It won't run in tcmd v12. When I try, nothing happens and I have to control-break to get control back. However, if I start a detached tcc v12 session, it does work.

It has no trouble working in an attached window in tcmd v11.

On a side note, I noticed that tcmd v12 is faster and does not have an annoying screen update issue that I never reported. Occasionally and not reproducibally, the select list of files would not display properly. That is, there would be blank lines. When I run the cursor over these the lines display correctly. Just not when the select command 1st starts.

I am not seeing this error in tcmd v12 (yet).

Hi. I use a DOS program to calculate the dates for the Jewish holidays. This program is called jcal.

Where can one obtain the jcal program?

Joe

I could email it to you. My email is rob at drrob1 dot com

On 11/15/2010 07:28 PM, Joe Caverly wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by drrob1)---
> Hi. I use a DOS program to calculate the dates for the Jewish holidays. This program is called jcal.
> ---End Quote---
> Where can one obtain the jcal program?
>
> Joe

Hi. I use a DOS program to calculate the dates for the Jewish holidays. This program is called jcal. It ran fine in Tcmd V11 and earlier. It won't run in tcmd v12. When I try, nothing happens and I have to control-break to get control back. However, if I start a detached tcc v12 session, it does work.

My old MS-DOS based calendar still works in Take Command v12. It just spews to stdout; yours may be doing something different. Calling the video BIOS? Writing directly to the screen buffer?

Nothing changed in that area between v11 and v12. I tried running a half-dozen DOS apps (in XP mode, since they won't work in Windows 7) and had no problems.

If you email me your app I'll take a look at it, but it's unlikely to be anything internal to TCMD (which simply mirrors whatever the hidden console window is doing).
<O:p</O:p