Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 10 - Background Image not working

May
Background images aren't working for me. If I start Take Command 10, then go into Options and choose a background image (say, for ease of reproducibility, the "Coffee Bean" bitmap that comes with Windows) the window background goes white, but does NOT show the image.

Restarting Take Command makes no difference, nor does using a larger image (I tried a 1024x768 sized one).

This is with the just released 10.00.49, on Windows XP SP 2. No difference whether I use a TCC tab or a CMD tab.

Am I doing something wrong? The help is minimal, so it's difficult to tell :-)

Paul.

PS A few more options, like stretch/tile/centre and maybe even support for jpeg images would be nice, but I guess that's a V11 suggestion now...

p.f.moore wrote:

> Background images aren't working for me. If I start Take Command 10, then go into Options and choose a background image (say, for ease of reproducibility, the "Coffee Bean" bitmap that comes with Windows) the window background goes white, but does NOT show the image.

It's working fine here for new tab windows or after restarting TCMD (it
won't affect existing windows).

I don't know what file you're referring to with the "Coffee Bean" bitmap.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Sorry, I'll try to explain in more detail.

Start TC10. I'm just running a single startup tab with TCC in it. I don't *think* I have any fancy startup options or config that could be affecting it. I can send my ini files if you need them.

Options/Configure Take Command

Background image - choose the "browse" button, and navigate to the Windows directory (C:\Windows for me).

Select the file "Coffee Bean.bmp". Choose OK, and the TCC background (inside the Take Command tab) goes white, but does not show the content of "Coffee Bean.bmp".

Exiting and restarting Take Command makes no difference.

Paul.

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:25:22 -0600, "p.f.moore" <> wrote:

>Select the file "Coffee Bean.bmp". Choose OK, and the TCC background (inside the Take Command tab) goes white, but does not show the content of "Coffee Bean.bmp".
>
>Exiting and restarting Take Command makes no difference.

The same here.

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:39:49 -0600, rconn <> wrote:

>I don't have anything called "Coffee Bean.bmp" in my Windows directory (or any of its subdirectories).
>
>Can you email me that bmp?

No bitmaps work here ... the background just turns white.

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:39:49 -0600, rconn <> wrote:

>I don't have anything called "Coffee Bean.bmp" in my Windows directory (or any of its subdirectories).
>
>Can you email me that bmp?

No bitmaps work here ... the background just turns white.

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 15:51:42 -0600, rconn <> wrote:

>---Quote (Originally by vefatica)---
>No bitmaps work here ... the background just turns white.
>---End Quote---
>
>Did you restart TCMD or at least open a new tab window after making the change?

I tried both. New tabs as well as tabs in a restarted TCMD simply have a white
BG; normal (no image) is black BG.

I have no interest personally in using a background image, but I just
tried out the feature, and I experience the same problem others have
reported. The background is just white, with no image.

-- Jay

TCC 10.00.48 Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
TCC Build 48 Windows XP Build 2600 Service Pack 3

I tried your "Coffee bean.bmp" on three systems here, and it works as a background image on all of them.

I'll send you my TCMD.INI and my TCSTART.BTM. Not sure what else I can do right now. I'll have access to another machine tomorrow, I'll give it a try there.

Paul.

It's working fine here for new tab windows or after restarting TCMD (it
won't affect existing windows).

I don't know what file you're referring to with the "Coffee Bean" bitmap.

That's one of the background wallpapers bundled with Windows XP.

I know this feature was working in XP at one point; I used it myself for a while. But that was maybe thirty builds ago....

That's one of the background wallpapers bundled with Windows XP.

I know this feature was working in XP at one point; I used it myself for a while. But that was maybe thirty builds ago....

Rex identified the issue in private mail. It's caused by having quotes round the bitmap name. Remove them and it's OK (still needs a restart to take effect, but that's documented). Unfortunately, it was the "Browse" button that added the quotes, not me, so that's still a bug (albeit one I can work around...)

Paul.

vefatica wrote:

Vince:

Recently you stopped adding your signature to your posts. I either have to
guess you are the author (mostly successfully), or use a microscope to find
it in the header.
--
Steve

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 06:25:57 -0600, Steve Fábián <> wrote:

>vefatica wrote:
>...
>
>Vince:
>
>Recently you stopped adding your signature to your posts. I either have to
>guess you are the author (mostly successfully), or use a microscope to find
>it in the header.

How recently? I haven't made any changes in quite a while.
--
- Vince

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 06:25:57 -0600, Steve Fábián <> wrote:
How recently? I haven't made any changes in quite a while.
--
- Vince

vBulletin apparently adds sigs on the web and doesn't add them to emails. I removed my sig in Agent quite a while back when I saw **two** sigs while in the forums. The whole forum business is one big PITA. It simply cannot be made to work well.