Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TCMD 10.00.67 does not retain window positions

Aug
I've been irritated by this and haven't been able to find a fix. In older versions of TakeCommand (TC), I could edit the ini file and set the positions of the various windows, but I can't find any option for TC 10.00.67, and it doesn't retain window positions/sizes.

To be more precise, it does retain the position/size of the main window, but the windows that are driving me nuts are "Change Directory", "Directories", and so forth. When I type a partial directory name followed by a slash and hit enter, I get a one-line "Change Directory" window that I always have to resize. Similarly, when I hit F6 to get a directory history, I get a one-line "Directories" window that I always have to resize. It's a real pain, and I would really like to purge that pain from my life.

Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

I've been irritated by this and haven't been able to find a fix. In older versions of TakeCommand (TC), I could edit the ini file and set the positions of the various windows, but I can't find any option for TC 10.00.67, and it doesn't retain window positions/sizes.

To be more precise, it does retain the position/size of the main window, but the windows that are driving me nuts are "Change Directory", "Directories", and so forth. When I type a partial directory name followed by a slash and hit enter, I get a one-line "Change Directory" window that I always have to resize. Similarly, when I hit F6 to get a directory history, I get a one-line "Directories" window that I always have to resize. It's a real pain, and I would really like to purge that pain from my life.

Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Those are TCC windows, not Take Command windows.

Build 67 definitely *does* save those window positions, but only if you're using pixel positioning, not row/column positioning. Delete your popup window directives from your TCMD.INI, and TCC will then default to using (and saving) everything in pixel position format.

Rex Conn
JP Software

Those are TCC windows, not Take Command windows.

Build 67 definitely *does* save those window positions, but only if you're using pixel positioning, not row/column positioning. Delete your popup window directives from your TCMD.INI, and TCC will then default to using (and saving) everything in pixel position format.

Rex Conn
JP Software

I deleted all the entries in TCMD.INI that started with "Popup", but the location and size of the popup windows still aren't being saved. Any other ideas?

I deleted all the entries in TCMD.INI that started with "Popup", but the location and size of the popup windows still aren't being saved. Any other ideas?

It might also be necessary to remove the CDDWin* lines and restart ...?

It might also be necessary to remove the CDDWin* lines and restart ...?

For the record, that sort of works. It now remembers the position and the width, but it seems not to remember the height correctly. Or maybe it's clipping the height based on the number of items available? If so, please take it as a feature request that the windows shouldn't clip based on number of available items.

Phileosophos wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by Charles Dye)---
> It might also be necessary to remove the CDDWin* lines and restart ...?
> ---End Quote---
> For the record, that sort of works. It now remembers the position and the width, but it seems not to remember the height correctly. Or maybe it's clipping the height based on the number of items available? If so, please take it as a feature request that the windows shouldn't clip based on number of available items.

If you have fewer matching items than the predefined height of the
window, TCC will reduce the window height to match. (This was *much*
requested; nobody has ever before expressed a wish to have a lot of
blank lines instead!)

Rex Conn
JP Software

Phileosophos wrote:

If you have fewer matching items than the predefined height of the
window, TCC will reduce the window height to match. (This was *much*
requested; nobody has ever before expressed a wish to have a lot of
blank lines instead!)

Rex Conn
JP Software

Bummer. I don't suppose there's some way to turn that "feature" off, eh? It's not that I'm in love with blank space; it's that I like the consistency that lets me write macros :/

Phileosophos wrote:

> ---Quote (Originally by rconn)---
>
> If you have fewer matching items than the predefined height of the
> window, TCC will reduce the window height to match. (This was *much*
> requested; nobody has ever before expressed a wish to have a lot of
> blank lines instead!)
>
> ---End Quote---
> Bummer. I don't suppose there's some way to turn that "feature" off, eh? It's not that I'm in love with blank space; it's that I like the consistency that lets me write macros :/

No, there's no way to disable that.

Rex Conn
JP Software