Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to? tcl support

Oct
Hello -- the help for tcl supports says that it looks for active state tcl version 8.5.7 -- is tcmd looking for this specific version of tcl / dll to load? -- what would the dll name be in this case? Thanks

Hello -- thx for the info ... is this true for v20 ( looking for tcl86.dll)? It seems that v18 ( an v16 running on xp) found tcl85.dll ) -- I guess as the doc for these versions note version 8.5.7 -- were "7" is the patch level

HA ... I understand ... I somewhat recall from my days with unix that this was sort of a common practice and used symbolic links and a base name, so in windows would that work?
so in the same directory as tcc.exe there was a link created with

mklink /d tcl.dll tcl86.dll

would that work?

HA ... I understand ... I somewhat recall from my days with unix that this was sort of a common practice and used symbolic links and a base name, so in windows would that work?
so in the same directory as tcc.exe there was a link created with

mklink /d tcl.dll tcl86.dll

would that work?

I don't know -- it would be a Windows internals issue. I wouldn't count on it.

As Rex noted it is a pain in the neck when the dll’s are tagged with a version number .... Since V18/V19 of take are using the 8.5 (tcl) it is problematic since Activestate has posted the 8.6 community (free) version and does not make older version available without a business licence and there is a fee for such a license –

Since this seems to be a activestate policy, would it be possible or make sense have copies of these activestate products that are used by versions of TAKE on the jpsoft website for download since those specific version might not be available at active state?